BIGGG thrift photo dump - The last 4 weeks of the fall semester had me holding off on the blog. I dont want to spam my FB with a bunch of pictures of me. Especially since I take them in one place with one light source. If I can find a way to change that, I will. But for now:


Thrifting and finding little gems here and there is therapy for me. It gets me out of the house, it unlocks creative potential and its one of life's mini treasure hunts. Ive spent less then 100.00 and found a variety of new looks/combos that paired with my jewelry and shoes(2 pairs of converse also thrifted!) the possibilities do seem endless.
Ive invested in a pair of doc martens, specifically the burgundy zip up/tie sinclairs. A worthy investment too. A chunky/boxy shoe can make a fit look more expensive then it is(And, a lot more punk/alt). Right now, I dont have the jewelry/belts that id like to REALLY kick it all together. Most of the alt pieces I found have been pricey, and unless I DIY, I have to hold off.
I finally found a blazer I liked that was a great price and in great shape. Ive never liked wearing blazers before, but since Im exploring, I thought id pick one up. LOVE the way it looks, and I was mostly inspired to do so by the outfits that Mallory Heart(pictured below) puts together. I discovered Mallory while trying to find others to follow - her entire wardrobe is vintage 80s and she wears it daily.
My most recent finds have been an urban outfits leatherette dress/overall with the TAGS ON! 90.00 new and I got for about 10.00. Its a great staple piece to wear under trench coats, blazers, or oversize sweaters.
Im still on the lookout for a vintage 90s oversize leather jacket. But since thats entirely too specific, I doubt ill find one in the wild.
Also! A new tattoo. Its a pierrotpokes flash that Josh Avery at stay weird slightly modified. I have to say, Im not the best candidate for tattoos. For all the physical pain ive endured, its hard to submit to that haha. Will I get more? The last one im planning is a rabbit - its a homage to the story of yin yin, the rabbit who hunts tigers.
We are in the 4th week of classes, I am locked in and got back into routine. Lets finish up strong!









No comments:
Post a Comment